Find full time, part time and seasonal job opportunities here.
Town of McLennan Employment Opportunity
Municipal Operator II
The Town of McLennan is looking for a self-motivated individual to join our team in the Public Works department as a full-time Municipal Operator II.
As a member of the Public Works Department, the Municipal Operator II will be primarily responsible to operate various pieces of equipment and maintain the equipment. This position will also assist with the operation of the water plant and the day-to-day operations of the town.
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Operate and maintain various municipal equipment
- Perform various street maintenance including grading, street sweeping
- Assist with municipal utility repairs and maintenance
- Maintenance and repair of town owned facilities
- Operation and maintenance of the water plant and wastewater facilities as required
- Assist with other Public Works duties as assigned
Regular working hours are Monday to Friday, from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm. May require OT and some weekends at times. Will include work in extreme weather conditions.
The Town of McLennan offers a competitive benefit package which includes LAPP
Qualifications for this position are:
- Heavy equipment experience such as but not limited to loader, backhoe, grader, gravel truck
- Mechanically inclined
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs regularly
- Valid Alberta Class 5 driver’s license
- Grade 12 Diploma or G.E.D.
- Ability to work alone or as a team
- Ability to work overtime, when needed
- Valid Alberta Class 3 driver’s license with air brakes endorsement or willingness to obtain
- Certified Alberta Water & Wastewater Certification Level II or willingness to obtain
A clean criminal record check and driver’s abstract will be required before an offer of employment is presented to the successful candidate.
Position will remain open until a suitable applicant is found
Please forward a resume indicating this position, to:
Town of McLennan
Box 356 McLennan, AB T0H 2L0
Attention: Lorraine Willier
Via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
~Posted October 26, 2023~